Novelist Peter Straub's 'Shadowland' Headed to Big Screen
Best-selling novelist Peter Straub is teaming with Benjamin Straub and Santa Monica-based screenwriter-producer Larry Leahy to bring the writer's tales to the screen.
The first project will be a 3D feature based on Straub's best-seller Shadowland, which has been developed and will be produced by Donald C. Archbold, Paul Myler and Leahy. Benjamin Straub joins the production as a co-producer with sales handled by executive producer Ted Rosenblatt of PFG Entertainment for the $20 million-budgeted movie.
The movie, scheduled to be shot on location in Ireland and the U.K., will be helmed by Montreal-based director Erik Canuel with 3D duties to be handled by veteran 3D stereographer Paul Taylor, the 3D Camera Co. and Creative Post.
Producers said they are in talks with Bill Nighy and Jackson Rathbone for roles in Shadowland.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR