'Numb3rs' Producer Ken Sanzel Lands Overall Deal at Universal Television
The two-year pact will have the "NYC22" executive producer developing, executive producing and supervising new projects at the studio.
NYC22’s Ken Sanzel has inked an overall deal with Universal Television.
As part of the two-year pact, the writer/producer, who spent 10 years earlier in his career working for the New York City Transit police department’s decoy squad, has been tasked with developing, executive producing and supervising new projects for the studio.
"Ken is a talented show-runner and possesses all the skills to create and sustain a hit show. Additionally, having had a prior life in the NYPD, Ken brings a unique, authentic, fresh perspective to everything he does. We're excited to work with him," says studio EVP Bela Bajaria.
Sanzel broke through in the late 1990s with his first pilot, Lawless, for Fox. He went on to write and direct pilots for both MTV (Dodge’s City) and the CW (Nomads). His more recent credits include Numb3rs and NYC 22, which he is currently directing and executive producing for CBS, where he previously had an overall deal with sibling studio CBS TV Studios.
Sanzel, who also penned the 1998 film Replacement Killers and has several other film projects in development, is repped by UTA, Field Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR