When it comes to awards shows, the Emmys and the Oscars represent the pinnacle of achievement for television and film, respectively. And while the Television Academy is more than twice the size of the Academy, the two organizations behind the industry's biggest nights are not entirely dissimilar in their makeup. Executives, actors and producers represent 31% of the voting membership for the Emmys, and the same three categories comprise 37% of Oscar voters.
Academy of Television Arts And Sciences Television Executives 1,567 Performers 1,510 Writers 1,297 Producers 1,023 Nonfiction Programming 811 Animation 602 Directors 519 Production Executives 489 Electronic Production 456 Public Relations 436 Television Motion Picture Editors 414 Professional Representatives 412 Daytime Programming 411 Makeup/Hairstylists 385 Art Directors/Set Decorators 352 Sound 339 Sound Editors 320 Music 315 Title Design & Special Visual FX 281 Costume Design & Supervision 235 Interactive Media 263 Casting Directors 202 Children's Programming 188 Commercials 128 Cinematographers 131 Stunts 131 Total Voting Membership: 13,271 As of May 2007 Source: AMPAS. More emmy coverage
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR