NYFF Supercut Turns the Festival Experience into a Summer Blockbuster
Film Society of Lincoln Center cranks the dial to 11 for a minute long taste of their jam-packed festival.
2013's most prestigious films may not rock the box office like a summer of superhero juggernauts, but when edited together like a Fast & the Furious movie and set to a score worthy of Hans Zimmer, they sure feel like they could.
With 16 days to go until their opening night premiere of Paul Greengrass' Captain Phillips, the 51st New York Film Festival has debuted a high-octane trailer to tease their fully loaded slate.
The montage splices together festival favorites including Abdellatif Kechiche's Blue is the Warmest Color, Joel and Ethan Coen's Inside Llewyn Davis, and Alexander Payne's Nebraska, as well as NYFF exclusives like Ben Stiller's The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Spike Jonze's Her.
The trailer may feature the most energized footage from Jim Jarmusch, whose Only Lovers Left Alive makes its U.S. debut at the festival, in the filmmaker's history.
NYFF runs Sept. 27 to Oct. 1.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR