Team Obama to Screen Campaign Documentary for Hollywood VIPs
“The Road We’ve Traveled,” narrated by Tom Hanks, will play for an invitation-only crowd Thursday evening in Beverly Hills.
Director Davis Guggenheim will preview the campaign documentary he has produced for President Barack Obama’s reelection effort at an invitation-only screening for entertainment industry VIPs Thursday at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The 17-minute film narrated by Academy Award-winner Tom Hanks is titled The Road We’ve Traveled and offers in interpretive account of the incumbent president’s first term with an emphasis on the scale of the economic and other challenges his administration has faced. Obama's re-election team also hopes the documentary will remind some disenchanted Hollywood politicos why they liked Obama to begin with.
Guggenheim, whose numerous credits include the Academy Award-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth will speak with the audience after the 7 p.m. screening, as will Ben LaBolt, national press secretary for Obama’s reelection campaign.
A mix of stars and executives are expected to attend the event.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game