'The Wire' Cast Set to Host Obama Campaign Fund-raiser on Martha's Vineyard
Members of the hit HBO series will mingle with Obama supporters, paying $500 each to attend an exclusive reception without the president Aug. 15.
With less than four months until the election, President Barack Obama's re-election campaign continues to rely heavily on celebrities to get out the vote and bring in cash.
The latest effort: Cast members from the hit TV series The Wire will mingle with Obama supporters who donate $500 to attend a reception at the Martha's Vineyard home of Judy and Ron Davenport, founders of Pittsburgh-based Sheridan Broadcasting. The event will be held Aug. 15 according to an invitation posted on Obama campaign website. (Obama is not expected to attend.)
The reception is one of several upcoming events this summer featuring celebrities. Gwen Stefani and members of her band No Doubt are set to hold a family-oriented fund-raiser at Stefani's Beverly Hills home with Michelle Obama.
Meanwhile, Harvey Weinstein and Anna Wintour have signed up to host another NYC fund-raiser for the campaign, also in August. According to Hollywood sources, more star-studded events are in the works.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game