Obama Plays Daniel Day-Lewis in Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Spoof (Video)
Tracy Morgan makes an appearance as vice president Joe Biden in the clip, which aired at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.
At the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night, Steven Spielberg unveiled his plans to direct a new Lincoln-style presidential biopic centered on President Obama.
"Well, I was thrilled that Lincoln was a success and, as I was thinking about what to do next, in the middle of the night, I woke up and it hit me: Obama," said Spielberg, in a humorous spoof clip that aired at the gala. "I mean, the guy's already a lame duck, so why wait?"
The director stated that he cast none other than Daniel Day-Lewis to portray the 44th president. That's when the real President Obama gets to have some fun pretending to be Day-Lewis getting into character, including practicing his stump speech and rehearsing lines into a mirror.
As for who will play vice president Joe Biden in Obama, 30 Rock star Tracy Morgan makes a cameo appearance as the No. 2.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game