Obama Wins! Inside the Impact on Hollywood
What the president's reelection means for industry causes like SOPA, Israel and the environment as showbiz flexes its political muscle.
President Barack Obama's surprisingly decisive victory Nov. 6 over Mitt Romney has both exhilarated and empowered Democratic activists in Hollywood. The exhilaration, of course, comes from the fact that, whatever their initial reservations about his first term, entertainment donors ultimately rallied solidly behind the president, giving at least $30 million to Obama's campaign, the Democratic Party and liberal super PACs. The empowerment stems from the realization among key strategists that Hollywood support is now more important than ever to the party's national electoral efforts. "There's no question Hollywood was crucial to Obama's victory," says veteran public policy consultant Donna Bojarsky. "In the end, they came in strong."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- New York Mag Goes Bi-weekly! Texas Women and Guns -- Nora Ephron's last -- a Great Christmas Gift -- Bring Back the Automat!
- Martin Scorsese Speaks Frankly to Film Students in Marrakech: "Always Protect That Spark"
- The Pixies Enlist Paz Lenchantin For Tour, Debut 'Another Toe In The Ocean'
- Demi Lovato Admits She Had A Hard Time Writing Her Book