'The Office' Actor Joins Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara in 'Carol' (Exclusive)
Jake Lacy has been added to Todd Haynes' adaptation of Patricia Highsmith's book "The Price of Salt."
Carol, a drama starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, has added The Office actor Jake Lacy to its cast.
Directed by I'm Not There helmer Todd Haynes, Carol follows a young woman (Mara) in 1950s New York who becomes obsessed with another woman (Blanchett) she spots in a store.
Lacy will play Richard, Mara's character's boyfriend.
The film is adapted from Strangers on a Train writer Patricia Highsmith's book The Price of Salt, which was originally published in 1952 under a pseudonym. The book became famous because of its lesbian storyline, which was considered unconventional as were the unique characters that defied stereotypes of homosexuality at the time.
Lacy most recently starred in Obvious Child, the Jenny Slate-starring comedy that premiered at Sundance. He was a series regular on the final season of NBC's The Office, playing Pete Miller. He is repped by CAA and Beth Rosner Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR