'The Office' Actor Joins Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara in 'Carol' (Exclusive)
Jake Lacy has been added to Todd Haynes' adaptation of Patricia Highsmith's book "The Price of Salt."
Carol, a drama starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, has added The Office actor Jake Lacy to its cast.
Directed by I'm Not There helmer Todd Haynes, Carol follows a young woman (Mara) in 1950s New York who becomes obsessed with another woman (Blanchett) she spots in a store.
Lacy will play Richard, Mara's character's boyfriend.
The film is adapted from Strangers on a Train writer Patricia Highsmith's book The Price of Salt, which was originally published in 1952 under a pseudonym. The book became famous because of its lesbian storyline, which was considered unconventional as were the unique characters that defied stereotypes of homosexuality at the time.
Lacy most recently starred in Obvious Child, the Jenny Slate-starring comedy that premiered at Sundance. He was a series regular on the final season of NBC's The Office, playing Pete Miller. He is repped by CAA and Beth Rosner Management.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!