It's Official: Glee's Cover of 'Teenage Dream' No. 1 on Billboard
The Fox show is now only second to Elvis Presley in the number of singles that have ranked on the charts.
Glee's cover of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream has officially hit No.1, Fox and Columbia Records announced Thursday.
It's the first time a tune from the hit Fox show has topped the Billboard charts.
The song, performed by new series regular Darren Criss, was downloaded 214,000 times in its first week,topping Glee's rendition of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," which sold 177,000 copies when it was released in May 2009 and peaked at No. 2.
The show is now only second to Elvis Presley in the number of tracks that have ranked on the Billboard charts. It also puts the show past James Brown for second-most entries on the Hot 100 chart.
Glee has sold 17 million digital downloads and 6.5 million albums worldwide. Glee: The Music, Volume 1 was certified platinum after selling more than 1 million units. The follow-up volumes 2 and 3 have sold more than 500,000 copies each.
Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album just hit shelves and Glee: The Music, Volume 4 is due in stores on Nov. 30.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR