Official: Kiefer Sutherland Returning to Primetime
9:07 AM PST 2/22/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
The former "24" star closes a deal to star in and executive produce the Fox drama pilot "Touch," from "Heroes" creator Tim Kring.
Kiefer Sutherland, who starred for eight seasons on Fox's 24, is officially reuniting with the network.He has closed a deal to star in and executive produce the Fox drama pilot Touch, from Heroes creator Tim Kring. Co-produced by Chernin Entertainment, Touch centers on a father (Sutherland) who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events before they happen. Because of Sutherland's duties on Broadway where he currently stars in a revival of the Jason Miller's That Championship Season, Touch is expected start production in late May-early June after Sutherland fulfills his commitment to the play, now in previews, THR previously reported. That would make Touch a contender for midseason where 24 was a long-time staple. Kring wrote Touch, his first pilot script since Heroes. Charles McDougall, who has helmed the pilots for ABC's Desperate Housewives, CBS' The Good Wife and, most recently, Fox's The Chicago Code, is in talks to direct. Sutherland is repped by CAA and Management 360.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game