Official: Mackenzie Foy joins 'Breaking Dawn'
Newcomer, 9, to play Bella and Edward's daughter
It's official: 9-year-old Mackenzie Foy will play Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward's (Robert Pattinson) daughter, Renesmee, in "Breaking Dawn," the series' author Stephenie Meyer confirmed on Facebook late Wednesday.
"Very excited about our new Renesmee, Mackenzie Foy," wrote Meyer. "She's an amazing young actress and I'm excited to work with her." [Related: Find out who will play the Denali clan.]
The newcomer has appeared in TV shows "FlashForward" and "'Til Death." She is managed by Global Creative, and her agent is Coast to Coast.
Director Bill Condon is expected to use similar special effects as David Fincher in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" to show Foy aging 17 years over the span of seven years. EW.com, which first reported the story, said that Summit may also employ younger actors in scenes.
The move is set to hit theaters in two parts: the first on November 18, 2011, and the second on November 16, 2012.
Last month, it was announced that "Lost" star Maggie Grace signed on to play Irina - who blames the Cullen family for killing her lover -- in the vampire saga. Grace is also managed by Global Creative.
Filming begins this November in Baton Rouge, La
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR