Official: Nicole Scherzinger to Replace Cheryl Cole on ‘X Factor’
The announcement comes after THR reported that the British singer has been dropped as a judge from the upcoming Fox show.
As The Hollywood Reporter first reported, Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger will be replacing Cheryl Cole on the judging panel of The X Factor, Fox, Fremantle and Syco TV announced Monday.
The statement did not explain the reason for the move or how producers would handle the sessions already shot with Cole on the judge's panel.
A source tells THR that Cole will not be on the panel because she lacked chemistry with the other judges, particularly Paula Abdul. "There was no spark," a source says. "It was nobody's fault. It just didn't work."
The source believes that it was Simon Cowell who concluded that replacing Cole was necessary.
The high-level industry source told THR that Fremantle will still pay Cole the reported $1.5 million she was owed under her contract.
Cole was originally announced on the show’s judging panel (Scherzinger was named co-host).
Judges on the show include Cowell, Abdul and L.A. Reid.
Steve Jones will now act as sole host.
The show is expected to debut on Fox this fall.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR