It's Official: Taylor Swift Sells Over 1 Million Albums in a Week
Nielsen SoundScan numbers show Speak Now bowed at 1,047,000 -- the biggest debut since 50 Cent's "The Massacre" in March 2005.
It's official: Taylor Swift's album Speak Now has sold more than 1 million copies in its debut week.
According to Nielsen SoundScan, the country singer moved 1,047,000 copies -- the most since 50 Cent's March 2005 release, The Massacre, which bowed with 1,141,000. Related: 10 artists who moved a million in a week.
"It's mind-blowing," says Big Machine CEO Scott Burchetta, whose Universal-distributed label has issued all three of Swift's albums, 10 million strong and counting.
Swift, who has also been garnering media attention for reportedly romancing Jake Gyllenhaal, will debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
There have only been 16 over-a-million first-week album sales since SoundScan began tracking music sales in 1991, Billboard reports. The last was Lil Wayne's The Carter III in June 2008. N*Sync's No Strings Attached holds the record with 2,416,000 records sold in 2000.
The newly relaunched issue of The Hollywood Reporter, on stands Wednesday, projected Swift would have a million debut.
"Whatever the number is, it's mind-blowing," says Big Machine CEO Scott Burchetta, whose Universal-distributed label has issued all three of Swift's albums, 10 million strong and counting.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR