'Oklahoma!' Actress Barbara Lawrence Dies at 83
She passed away on Nov. 13 after suffering kidney failure.
Actress Barbara Lawrence, who played Gertie Cummings in the 1955 movie Oklahoma!, has died. She was 83.
Her daughter-in-law, Christy Nelson, said Friday that the actress died of kidney failure on Nov. 13.
Lawrence's career spanned the late 1940s through the early 1960s.
Her movies include The Street with No Name, A Letter To Three Wives and the 1957 sci-fi cult classic Kronos.
Her TV work included episodes of Perry Mason and Bonanza.
Lawrence later became an author, publicist and real estate agent in Beverly Hills.
She has a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR