'Oldboy' Release Shifted to Thanksgiving Weekend
The Spike Lee-directed film would have faced off against Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" on its previously scheduled date.
FilmDistrict has moved the release date of the Spike Lee-directed Oldboy to Nov. 27 from its previously scheduled debut on Oct. 25.
The movie will now be released the day before Thanksgiving. On its prior date, Oldboy would have faced off against Ridley Scott's The Counselor in wide release.
Other movies getting a wide release over Thanksgiving weekend are the Disney animated film Frozen and the Sylvester Stallone-produced Jason Statham starrer Homefront.
Oldboy will also have to contend with awards hopefuls Grace of Monaco and Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, both being distributed by The Weinstein Company, in limited release that weekend.
Oldboy stars Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR