'Oldboy' Release Shifted to Thanksgiving Weekend
The Spike Lee-directed film would have faced off against Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" on its previously scheduled date.
FilmDistrict has moved the release date of the Spike Lee-directed Oldboy to Nov. 27 from its previously scheduled debut on Oct. 25.
The movie will now be released the day before Thanksgiving. On its prior date, Oldboy would have faced off against Ridley Scott's The Counselor in wide release.
Other movies getting a wide release over Thanksgiving weekend are the Disney animated film Frozen and the Sylvester Stallone-produced Jason Statham starrer Homefront.
Oldboy will also have to contend with awards hopefuls Grace of Monaco and Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, both being distributed by The Weinstein Company, in limited release that weekend.
Oldboy stars Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services