Oliver Stone apology 'insufficient,' says ADL
Group calls for director to repudiate all anti-Semitic remarks
The Anti-Defamation League said Wednesday that Oliver Stone's apology for his remarks about Jewish control over the media stops short and he needs to "fully repudiate all of his conspiratorial anti-Semitic statements about Jews."
"Oliver Stone's apology stops short and is therefore insufficient," Abraham Foxman, ADL national director, said in a statement. "While he now admits that Jews do not control Hollywood, the media and other industries, he ignores his assertion that Jews are "...the most powerful lobby in Washington" and that "Israel has f***** up United States foreign policy." This is another conspiratorial anti-Semitic canard that Mr. Stone needs to repudiate."
A spokeswoman for Stone said the director stands by his apology and has no further comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game