Oliver Stone to be Honored by Shanghai Festival
The director will be given the Outstanding Achievement Award at the fest, which will screen seven of his films.
HONG KONG – Oliver Stone has been named the recipient of the Shanghai International Film Festival’s annual Outstanding Achievement Award.
According to a statement released by the festival Thursday, the American director will also appear for Q&As after screenings of seven of his films, including JFK, Wall Street, Platoon, Born of the Fourth of July and Savages.
Stone will also be part of a panel of filmmakers during a directors masterclass in Shanghai. The festival has yet to release a complete list of Stone's films to be shown at the fest. It has not listed the other guests in the masterclass.
The prize, which was given to American producer Mike Medavoy last year, will mark a triumphant return to the Chinese city for the 66-year-old Stone. He was a member of the Golden Goblet award jury for the first-ever edition of the event in 1993, when the festival also screened JFK, Salvador and Talk Radio.
Meanwhile, the festival released the main poster art and a promotional trailer for the event this year, which will run from June 15 to 23. A film market will be held from June 17 to 19. The program will be announced on May 20.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!