Oliver Stone to Direct 'Power Broker' Film for HBO (Exclusive)
Nicholas Meyer will pen the script for the telepic based on Robert Caro's Pulitzer-Prize winning book about how Robert Moses reshaped the face of New York.
HBO is getting political with director Oliver Stone.
The premium cable network is developing a film based on Robert Caro's classic nonfiction book The Power Broker. Like the 1974 Pulitzer Prize-winning tome, the project will tell the story of how Robert Moses reshaped the face of New York.
Moses, who at one time was dubbed the city's "master builder,' was among the most powerful men in 20th century urban planning and politics, having influenced New York's infrastructure as much as any other individual.
In addition to assuming directorial duties, Stone will executive produce with former studio chief Peter Guber and Sopranos vet James Gandolfini.
Gandolfini's managers Nancy Sanders and Mark Armstrong are attached as co-executive producers, with Nicholas Meyer (Collateral Damage, The Prince of Egypt) on board to pen the telepic.
Gandolfini, Meyer and Stone are all repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR