Oliver Stone's 'Savages' to Open Zurich Film Festival
The film, which stars Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Taylor Johnson and John Travolta, begins its European rollout after the London Summer Olympics.
Oliver Stone's stoner action thriller Savages, starring Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Blake Lively, will open the 8th annual Zurich International Film Festival on September 20.
Stone is no stranger to the young Swiss festival, having attended several times before, including in 2007, when the Oscar-winning filmmaker received Zurich's lifetime achievement honor, the Golden Eye. This year's Zurich Golden Eye winner is veteran producer Jerry Weintraub, whose credits include the Ocean's Eleven and Karate Kid franchises.
Savages, which also features John Travolta, Benicio Del Toro and Salma Hayek, has earned $46 million domestically for Universal Pictures since its July 6th release. But international distributors have held back the global rollout of the film, in part to avoid going head-to-head with this summer's big televised sporting events - the Euro 2012 Soccer Championships and the 2012 London Olympics.
Savages begins its European rollout September 13 in Russia and continues across Europe through September and October.
The 8th annual Zurich Film Festival runs Sept.20-30.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game