Olivia Wilde, Anna Kendrick Juggle Boyfriends and Beer in 'Drinking Buddies' Trailer (Video)
Ron Livingston and Jake Johnson also star in the film revolving around employees of a Chicago microbrewery.
Beer and complicated love are in the works in the first trailer for Drinking Buddies.
Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson star as best friends and co-workers at a Chicago microbrewery whose friendship and relationships are called into question by their complicated feelings for each other. Anna Kendrick and Ron Livingston play their significant others, and not everything goes well when the two couples begin hanging out.
The film from Joe Swanberg premiered at this year's South by Southwest, where Johnson described the director's method -- which relies on a lot of improvisation -- as "controlled-chaos filmmaking."
In a positive review, The Hollywood Reporter's John DeFore wrote: "Putting Joe Swanberg's improvisational methods to good use in a film that should substantially expand the filmmaker's audience, Drinking Buddies mines workplace attraction for more than the usual chuckles and benefits from casting that reaches far outside the mumblecore gene pool."
The Magnolia Pictures release will hit iTunes on July 25 and be in theaters Aug. 23.
Watch the trailer below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR