Olivia Williams, Rory Kinnear, Stephen Campbell Moore Join British Rom-Com 'Man Up'
The movie, starring Simon Pegg and Lake Bell, is bankrolled by BBC Films and StudioCanal, and produced by Big Talk Pictures.
LONDON – Olivia Williams (Hyde Park on Hudson), Rory Kinnear (Broken) and Stephen Campbell Moore (The History Boys) have joined the cast of Man Up, directed by The Inbetweeners helmer Ben Palmer and starring Simon Pegg and Lake Bell.
Also on board the rom-com are Sharon Horgan (Pulling), Harriet Walter (Atonement) and Ken Stott (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey).
The movie, which began shooting in the British capital this week, details the story of a couple on a first date "like no other" as they embark on the evening without realizing they are not meant to be on the blind date together.
Written by Tess Morris, the movie is made by U.K. production banner Big Talk Pictures and will be distributed in theaters in the U.K. by Studiocanal, which is bankrolling the project with BBC Films.
The film is produced by Nira Park and James Biddle with executive producers Matthew Justice, Pegg, Rachael Prior, Dan Cheesbrough, Danny Perkins, Jenny Borgars, Christine Langan and Joe Oppenheimer.
The project marks the BBC's stand-alone moviemaking unit's first collaboration with StudioCanal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR