Olivier Pere appointed to Locarno festival
Will become artistic director in 2010
PARIS -- Olivier Pere, artistic director of the annual Directors' Fortnight screenings in Cannes, will head from the French Riviera to the Swiss Alps in 2010 to take over as artistic director of the Locarno Film Festival, organizers said Thursday.
Having been re-elected by Gallic filmmakers organization the SRF to continue in his Directors' Fortnight position in 2009, Pere will head the event during next May's Festival de Cannes, then subsequently begin preparing for Locarno.
"My duties as artistic director of the Locarno Film Festival will allow me to pursue and to develop my job of the discovery and valorization of young independent cinema from all over the world which we have done at the Director's Fortnight since 2004," Pere said in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10