Olyphant taps into 'Crazies' horror redo
Timothy Olyphant has signed on to star in "The Crazies," Overture's remake of the George Romero horror movie being directed by Breck Eisner.
The story revolves around the inhabitants of a small Kansas town who are beset by death and insanity after a plane crash lets loose a secret biological weapon into the water supply. Olyphant is playing the town's sheriff.
Scott Kosar and Ray Wright wrote the screenplay.
Michael Aguilar and Dean Georgaris are producing, with Romero executive producing. Overture's Sean Furst is overseeing for the studio.
Olyphant, repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, starred in "Hitman" as well as "Live Free or Die Hard." He next appears in an upcoming arc on FX's "Damages" opposite Glenn Close. (partialdiff)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR