'Once Upon a Time,' 'Revenge' and 'Scandal' Debut on Netflix
The three ABC dramas have premiered on the streaming service ahead of their scheduled September returns.
ABC is hoping to get bumps for three of its dramas by teaming with Netflix.
In a bold move, the first seasons of Once Upon a Time, Revenge and Scandal are available for streaming, just in time for the launch of the shows' second seasons later this month. It's a relatively fast turnaround, considering the three dramas ended their first-season runs three months ago.
“We are thrilled that Netflix will become the exclusive subscription destination for the first seasons of these successful ABC shows. We know our members like to immerse themselves in their favorite shows and Scandal, Revenge and Once Upon a Time are the kind of smart, serialized dramas that Netflix members love,” said Ted Sarandos, chief content officer of Netflix.
The three dramas will join fellow ABC series like Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives and Lost on Netflix.
The news comes as networks are relying on online streaming services like Hulu and Netflix to increase awareness and sampling for new and returning shows. Most recently, the pilots of The Mindy Project and Ben and Kate debuted on Hulu nearly a month before their scheduled Fox debut.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10