One Direction Heading to Madison Square Garden
"The X Factor UK" alums will play the New York venue on Dec. 3.
British/Irish pop group One Direction will be headlining New York City's Madison Square Garden in December, the band announced on Wednesday. The show follows the band's U.S. summer tour, which sold out within minutes.
"We are so happy to be playing Madison Square Garden," One Direction’s Niall Horan says. "To be headlining our own show in a venue that has played host to countless legendary acts that we have grown up listening to and adore is obviously a dream come true for us all."
Tickets for the Dec. 3 Madison Square Garden show will go on sale April 6.
The band is likely eager to be performing across the U.S. -- they recently told OK magazine's UK imprint that "American girls are hot," because the band gets "tons" of bras and knickers thrown at them whenever they're onstage.
One Direction has been exploding on the American scene since appearing on the UK’s X Factor in 2010. The band's first album, "Up All Night," entered the Billboard 200 at No. 1.
This weekend, the group will appear on an episode of iCarly the same night that they are the musical guests on Saturday Night Live. Their summer tour kicks off May 24 in Fairfax, Va.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama