One Direction's Zayn Malik Reveals Engagement to Little Mix's Perrie Edwards at Film Premiere
The pop music supercouple -- and fellow "X Factor U.K." alums -- showed off a new sparkler on the red carpet.
Pop music supercouple and fellow X Factor U.K. alums Zayn Malik (of One Direction) and Perrie Edwards (of Little Mix) are making it official.
Edwards, 20, hit the red carpet with her beau, also 20, on Tuesday, to celebrate the premiere of One Direction's Morgan Spurlock-directed concert doc, One Direction: This Is Us, wearing a brand-new sparkler on her left hand.
A rep for both artists confirms their engagement, issuing the following statement: "Zayn and Perrie are engaged, but any further detail regarding their relationship is private."
Edwards' mother, meanwhile, offered up a bit more information to the U.K.'s Real Radio.
"Yes, it is. It's true. They got engaged on Sunday and it was absolutely lovely," she said. "It's wonderful because Zayn is absolutely gorgeous and Perrie loves him to pieces, so it's just perfect. They just get on so well together and they understand each other, so it's fun."
The duo began dating back in 2011 after meeting backstage during a taping of Britain's X Factor. That season, Edwards' girl group Little Mix took home the top prize.
Malik and his boy band came in third place just one year prior.
While One Direction quickly became a household name on both sides of the pond, with two chart-topping albums already under their belt, Little Mix made headlines earlier this year for breaking a record previously held by the Spice Girls. In June, Little Mix's debut album, DNA, bowed at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart, marking the highest debut ever for a British female group's first album.
Earlier this month, both groups were on hand in Los Angeles for the Teen Choice Awards. One Direction opened the show, while Little Mix served as presenters.
The girls are currently in the studio working on their sophomore album. "It's going really well," Leigh-Anne Pinnock told THR at the Teen Choice Awards. "It's gonna be basically more mature, more R&B, work on the harmonies more. We're really excited for you guys to hear it."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!