One Million Moms Drops Ellen Degeneres JC Penney Protest
With the store supporting the talk show host, the organization is moving on to other boycotts.
Mission unaccomplished, conservative group One Million Moms is putting an end to its efforts to pressure JC Penney from dropping Ellen Degeneres as its spokesperson.
In early February, the organization issued a statement on its website castigating the department store for its association with Degeneres, writing, "Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families."
JC Penny issued a statement shortly after, standing behind Degeneres, and now, organization director Monica Cole told One News Now that they're moving on and taking solace in the positive feedback they claim to have received.
"We have heard back from so many of our members," she told the website. "We have heard back from men and women -- not just moms -- saying they will no longer shop there at JC Penney, as long as Ellen DeGeneres is their spokesperson."
Degeneres stood strong against the boycott, addressing the issue and thanking JC Penney for their support on her show.
"They wanted to get me fired and I am proud and happy to say JC Penney stuck by their decision to make me their spokesperson," she told her studio audience. "It's great news for me because I need some new crew socks, and I'm really gonna clean up with this discount."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)