Online Video Network Machinima Tops A Billion Monthly Video Views
Chairman and CEO Allen DeBevoise speaks of a watershed event for the video entertainment site for video gamers that has moved into longer-form narrative content.
NEW YORK - Machinima, the popular online video network targeting video gamers, including many young males, has crossed the mark of a billion monthly video views on its YouTube channel for the month of November.
On its Web site Monday, Machinima mentioned 1.11 billion video views for November, including mobile and international viewers, and 116 million monthly uniques. Machinima said it now also has over eight million average daily unique viewers and said it is the number one entertainment channel on YouTube.
The Web network's content includes gaming news, videos on gaming culture, events and trailers. The site has also been pushing into longer-form, live action, narrative content. Series have included horror-comedy Bite Me, sci-fi series RCVR and Warner-Bros. produced Mortal Kombat: Legacy, based on the game franchise, which delivered over 50 million video views.
“As we expand our base of core gaming-oriented programming, by producing and distributing more long-form, premium content, our global audience of millions of highly engaged young males continues to grow and spend more time watching Machinima,” said Allen DeBevoise, Machinima's chairman and CEO. “Our reaching one billion monthly video views is a watershed event in the growth of online video. This scale, coupled with our deep audience engagement, has shown that we’re leading a third wave of video programming brands that are emerging online.”
Among the engagement metrics that Machinima points to are the fact that viewers spend more than 65 minutes per month with it, the most time spent per viewer on the top 10 channels on YouTube. That data is from comScore. Men 18-24 average more than 20 Machinima video views each per month, it says.
Machinima is backed by investors MK Capital and Redpoint Ventures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10