Ontario fronts money for local producers
$1.96 mil fund developed
TORONTO -- The Ontario provincial government said Tuesday that it will provide seed money for local film and TV, new-media and video game producers as part of a new CAN$2 million ($1.96 million) fund.
The Ontario Media Development Corp. will provide local producers with up to CAN$100,000, or a maximum 75% of preproduction budgets, to get projects off the drawing board and into production.
The OMDC already provides tax credits to local and foreign, mostly U.S., producers to encourage the production of entertainment product in Ontario.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws