Open Road Extends CEO Tom Ortenberg's Contract Through 2018
The exec has headed up the distributor, founded by AMC and Regal, since 2011.
Tom Ortenberg's contract as CEO of Open Road Films has been extended through 2018. Ortenberg has headed the distribution company since it was founding in 2011 by AMC Entertainment and Regal Entertainment Group, and his existing contract ran through 2014.
“We are thrilled with the job that Tom and his team have done in launching OpenRoad,” Gerry Lopez, CEO of AMC, and Amy Miles, CEO of Regal, said in a joint statement. “We look forward to working with him for many years to come as we continue to grow the company.”
Before joining Open Road, Ortenberg served as president of theatrical films at The Weinstein Co., and prior to that he spent 12 years at Lionsgate Entertainment, opening its Los Angeles Office in 1996 and ultimately serving as president of theatrical films.
"Working with AMC and Regal to establish Open Road Films -- and growing the company over the past two and a half years -- has been the most satisfying and exhilarating experience of my career. I could not be more proud of the job our team has done so far and I am looking forward to the future with great excitement," he said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR