Open Road, IM Global Sign First-Look Distribution Deal
The pact happens just weeks before the start of the American Film Market.
Open Road Films has inked a first-look distribution deal with IM Global.
The deal will see the company distribute select titles from IM Global, the production and finance entity behind movies such as Dredd and Afflicted. The deal only covers U.S. territories.
The pact comes just weeks before the American Film Market, where IM Global, headed by Stuart Ford, is expected to have a strong presence.
Open Road Films and IM Global previously collaborated on the release of the horror comedy A Haunted House. The movie, released in January 2013, proved fruitful, opening at $19 million and grossing more than $40 million. A sequel, scheduled for March 28, 2014, is now shooting.
Open Road is the acquisition-based domestic distributor of such films as The Grey and End of Watch. Its latest release was Machete Kills.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR