Open Road Picks Up Barry Levinson's All-Star Comedy 'Rock the Kasbah'
Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson are among those starring in the movie based around a USO tour of Afghanistan.
Open Road Films has picked up all U.S. distribution rights to Rock the Kasbah, the all-star comedy being directed by Barry Levinson.
Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride, Shia LaBeouf and Zooey Deschanel make up the roll call for the comedy, which is being financed by QED International and Venture Forth.
The movie is selling at Berlin’s EFM and is expected to go before cameras June 2014.
According Open Road, Kasbah centers on a "has-been rock manager" who takes his last remaining client on a USO tour of Afghanistan. When (he) finds himself in Kabul, abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice and manages her through Afghanistan's version of American Idol, the wildly popular Afghan Star.
QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Mitch Glazer will produce. Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are exec producing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR