Oprah's Bid Farewell to Daytime: Will She OWN Cable Next?
Another CEO gone as ratings sink, but analysts see long-term success.
Although Oprah Winfrey's OWN might not be living its best life, the startup cable network co-owned by Discovery Communications and Winfrey's Harpo is still expected to become a valuable property in the long term. But some believe Discovery might have to spend even more to establish the channel in the wake of continued ratings woes and the May 6 ouster of CEO Christina Norman, and analysts are wondering if the financials for OWN might be weaker than expected in the near term.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR