Watch The Hollywood Reporter's Actress Roundtable Tonight on PBS SoCal
The latest episode of a holiday television event features Oprah Winfrey, Amy Adams, Emma Thompson, Julia Roberts, Octavia Spencer and "12 Years a Slave's" Lupita Nyong'o talking about crying for Steven Spielberg, dumb audition moments and "muff shots."
Movie fans will be treated to an amazingly candid conversation among six of Hollywood's top actresses -- and awards contenders -- at 6:30 p.m. tonight as The Hollywood Reporter's Actress Roundtable airs on PBS SoCaL as part of a holiday television event.
THR's Stephen Galloway and Matthew Belloni sat down for a freewheeling conversation with Oprah Winfrey, Amy Adams, Emma Thompson, Julia Roberts, Octavia Spencer and 12 Years a Slave's Lupita Nyong'o that included discussions about crying for Steven Spielberg, their scariest on-set moments and dumb audition moments.
Winfrey revealed her big worry about returning to acting: "What I've been worried about is the people getting over the 'Oprah' factor. Because everybody's going in there expecting to see me as you've seen me for 25 years."
Meanwhile, Thompson's frank talk about not wanting to do a "muff shot," "snogging" Meryl Streep and yearning to be Argentinian led Winfrey to declare her the perfect dinner party guest.
The Hollywood Reporter and PBS SoCaL, which is available in 18 million households in the greater Los Angeles area, have partnered to produce The Hollywood Reporter Roundtables series, which features Hollywood’s leading Academy Award contenders in intimate discussions. The five-part series will continue during the holiday season through Dec. 30 on PBS SoCaL's HD channel, KOCE.
The Producer Roundtable, featuring Mark Wahlberg, Charles Roven, Pam Williams, Michael De Luca, Dede Gardner and David Heyman will air at 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30 followed by the Writer Roundtable, featuring George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Julie Delpy, Nicole Holofcener, John Ridley, Danny Strong and Jonas Cuaron.
The Actor Roundtable, with Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, Josh Brolin and Michael B. Jordan, debuted Sunday night.
The Director Roundtable, featuring Steve McQueen, Paul Greengrass, David O. Russell, Ben Stiller, Alfonso Cuaron and Lee Daniels, aired Monday.
In addition, PBS and The Hollywood Reporter have partnered to air THR's exclusive discussion with Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill and Terence Winter about Paramount's The Wolf of Wall Street. The 30-minute interview, Episode 1 of THR's new series The Hollywood Reporter in Focus, aired Sunday and again on Jan. 6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'