Oprah gives Jon Stewart audience rally tickets
Daytime queen surprises "Daily Show" attendees with trips to D.C. for Oct. 30 event.
Oprah Winfrey had a big surprise for the audience at "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" on Thursday.
The daytime queen appeared via satellite on the Comedy Central show to announce that she was going to fly the audience to Washington, D.C., for Stewart's "Rally to Restore Sanity," taking place Oct. 30.
"We need a bit more sanity in the world," she said. "I wanted to show my support for you, Jon, and your audience, so here's what I did, I had my staff sneak into your studio with a little gift."
She told the audience to look under their seats, where they found red envelopes, which they opened.
"You're going to the rally!" she yelled. "Now get out there and restore some sanity."
Winfrey -- who previously showed her support for the rally via Twitter -- also is planning to pay for the audience members' hotels, according to JustJared.com.
Stewart's fellow Comedy Central co-host Stephen Colbert also is planning a rally for Oct. 30, dubbed the "March to Keep Fear Alive." The "Colbert Report" host was in the studio for the announcement that the two have combined their rallies and will be sharing one permit.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'