Oprah gives Jon Stewart audience rally tickets
Daytime queen surprises "Daily Show" attendees with trips to D.C. for Oct. 30 event.
Oprah Winfrey had a big surprise for the audience at "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" on Thursday.
The daytime queen appeared via satellite on the Comedy Central show to announce that she was going to fly the audience to Washington, D.C., for Stewart's "Rally to Restore Sanity," taking place Oct. 30.
"We need a bit more sanity in the world," she said. "I wanted to show my support for you, Jon, and your audience, so here's what I did, I had my staff sneak into your studio with a little gift."
She told the audience to look under their seats, where they found red envelopes, which they opened.
"You're going to the rally!" she yelled. "Now get out there and restore some sanity."
Winfrey -- who previously showed her support for the rally via Twitter -- also is planning to pay for the audience members' hotels, according to JustJared.com.
Stewart's fellow Comedy Central co-host Stephen Colbert also is planning a rally for Oct. 30, dubbed the "March to Keep Fear Alive." The "Colbert Report" host was in the studio for the announcement that the two have combined their rallies and will be sharing one permit.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR