'Oprah' Jury Excuse Gets Woman Out of Rod Blagojevich Retrial
She complains she has tickets to one of the final tapings of "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
Is there anything Oprah Winfrey can't do?
The daytime queen has just gotten a woman out of jury duty -- sort of.
In Chicago, prosecutors and defense attorneys are polling prospective jurors in the Rod Blagojevich retrial.
But a woman known as Juror 137 complained about having tickets to see one of the final tapings of The Oprah Winfrey Show, which ends its 25-year run May 25.
After attorneys agreed, the judge in the case dismissed her, the Chicago Tribune reported.
For his part, Blagojevich said he was jealous that she didn't have to be at the trial.
Blagojevich -- who competed on last year's Celebrity Apprentice -- is being retried over allegations that he tried to sell or trade President Obama's former U.S. Senate seat for campaign donations or even another job. His first trial ended with a hung jury.
Opening statements are set for Monday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game