Oprah Lands First Major Interview With Michael Vick, Wins $300 Bet With Piers Morgan
Oprah tried to pull out of the bet as Vick can't endorse betting without violating parole, but Morgan says "she can only withdraw if she forfeits the bet, and pays up!"
Oprah Winfrey won a $300 bet against Piers Morgan that she'd land the first major interview with Michael Vick, who served 21 months in federal prison in Leavenworth, Kansas on dog fighting charges. Since his release in May 2009, Vick has done few media interviews.
The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show Feb. 24.
Winfrey appeared on the first episode of Piers Morgan Tonight last month, where she made the bet of 200 pounds (about $300) with Morgan.
But Winfrey tried to pull out of the bet last week, Tweeting to Morgan: "I don't know why I let you talk me into it. I don't gamble."
Morgan explained to the New York Post Monday via email: "I was told neither of us could get him because Vick couldn't be seen to endorse gambling. So if you check Oprah's tweets at the end of last week, she suddenly withdrew the bet to me. Now we know why."
"I've now written to her saying she can only withdraw if she forfeits the bet, and pays up!" he added.
Vick told USA Today that Winfrey would "probably win, because I know nothing about that other guy."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR