Oprah Reviving Oscar Special for OWN
The host will interview nominees Jonah Hill, Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer ahead of the Feb. 26 awards.
Now separated from her daytime talk show, Oprah Winfrey plans to honor the Academy Awards on her network.
OWN announced Thursday that its CEO will host the two-hour Oprah's Oscar Special on Wednesday, Feb. 15. The pimetime outing, airing at 9:00 p.m. ET, will feature interviews with three of the year's nominees.
The Help stars Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer and Moneyball actor Jonah Hill will each sit down with Winfrey, nearly a week and a half ahead of the Feb. 26 awards.
Previously, on The Oprah Winfrey Show, the host celebrated the Oscars by inviting nominees to the Chicago studio or taping at the Kodak Theatre the day after the ceremony.
Harpo Studios is producing the special.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws