Oprah Winfrey biopic planned
Television film is based on Kitty Kelley's biography
NEW YORK -- Oprah Winfrey's quarter-century run on daytime TV may be accompanied by a TV film dramatizing her life.
Veteran producer Larry A. Thompson said Monday the planned two- or four-hour Winfrey film will be based on Kitty Kelley's tell-all biography. Thompson says he has optioned it for six figures.
The TV project is expected to air in September 2011, which would coincide with the end of Winfrey's weekday talk show.
Thompson has produced TV biopics about Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, and Sonny and Cher.
He calls himself "a huge fan" of Winfrey and says he's shopping the project to networks he declined to specify. An unknown will likely be cast to play Winfrey.
A spokesman for Winfrey's Chicago-based Harpo Productions declined to comment.
The project was first reported by the E! News website.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR