Oprah Winfrey Explains Why She Wanted to Interview the Kardashians (Video)
The talk show host reveals she did a "Kardashian Kram" by watching shows from every season and says Kim's answer to a question about her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries "leveled me."
The Kardashians certainly aren't suffering from a lack of exposure, but Oprah Winfrey apparently feels like there are some questions about the family that still need to be answered.
On the heels of her headline-generating interview with rapper 50 Cent, Winfrey sat down with the stars of E!'s Keeping Up With the Kardashians for what she called on her Facebook page the "longest interviewing session I can ever recall." (Check out a preview below.)
"I had never met them, nor seen the show," she wrote, noting that the interview included "ALLLLLLLL the Kardashians ... except 2-year-old Mason."
She also mentioned that she did, in fact, watch several episodes of their E! series before the sitdown and explained why she wanted to do the interview with the family.
"I did a full on Kardashian Kram in preparation, watching major shows from every season," she added. "I genuinely wanted to know why they have become a cultural phenomenon? Why do so many people love to watch their every move and why do so many others love to hate them. Are they completely ego centered? Are they really 'famous for being famous' or is there something more?"
Winfrey said the family complied and answered all those questions, taking the interview to "another level of forthrightness and honesty."
She also asked Kim Kardashian about her marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries, to whom she was married briefly last year after a highly publicized wedding.
"Why did she leave after 72 days? Her answer leveled me," Winfrey wrote.
The interview will air on OWN's Oprah's Next Chapter at 8 p.m. Sunday, followed by Part 2 of her conversation with 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson. That interview made headlines Wednesday for helping put an end to the six-year feud between Winfrey and the rapper, who once disparaged Winfrey's talk show audience and later named his dog "Oprah."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10