Oprah Winfrey To Shoot TV Show in Canada for OWN Network
The TV maven will bring her "Lifeclass Tour" to Toronto in April, a year after her joint venture with Discovery Communications launched into around six million Canadian homes.
TORONTO – Oprah Winfrey is finally headed to Canada.
The chat show queen is bringing Oprah's Lifeclass Tour to Toronto for a live broadcast on April 16 on her OWN network, which airs here.
Winfrey's Canadian fans had anticipated the chat show queen coming north in March 2011 to help publicize the launch of the OWN channel in Canada as a partnership with local broadcaster Corus Entertainment.
Having waited one year to visit, Winfrey will be joined on stage in Toronto in April by Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Bishop T.D. Jakes and author Iyanla Vanzant.
The Toronto date for Oprah’s Lifeclass Tour follows a debut episode broadcast live from St. Louis on March 26, with five episodes to air every Monday night throughout April.
Corus Entertainment, the Canadian licensee for the joint venture between Winfrey’s Harpo Entertainment and Discovery Communications, has OWN Canada airing in around six million Canadian homes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'