Oprah Winfrey talk show ratings down
For week of Sept. 19, ratings decreased 13% from last year
The final season of Oprah Winfrey's syndicated talk show launched to softer numbers last week, though Queen of Talk continued to earn her title against rivals.
For the week ending Sept. 19, "The Oprah Winfrey Show" drew 7.2 million viewers and a 5.3 household rating -- down 13% from last year.
That's not record low for Winfrey, it's still higher than her premiere week in 2008.
Winfrey continued to top all talk-show competitors, while "Wheel of Fortune" was once again the leader overall.
CBS points out that Winfrey's premiere week last year was higher because it contained three of the show's top-rated episodes from all of last season.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR