Optimum promotes Clarke, Perkins
CANNES -- U.K. indie distributor Optimum Releasing, owned by French giant StudioCanal, has promoted managing director Will Clarke to CEO and former head of distribution Danny Perkins to managing director and COO.
Clarke's new role will see him working closely with Frederic Sichler, co-chairman of StudioCanal in international production, acquisitions and development of the international business.
He will continue to oversee all activities in the company and, on the eve of the Marche du Film, specifically acquisitions.
Perkins will take up MD responsibilities for Optimum Releasing, handling the day-to-day running of the theatrical and home entertainment divisions. He will report to Clarke.
"We are changing the theatrical team to prepare for a new slate, which we have been working on since our acquisition by StudioCanal and my own role is developing along with the ambitions of the company," Clarke said.
Optimum's U.K. release slate includes Guillermo del Toro's Oscar winner "Pan's Labyrinth," David Lynch's "Inland Empire" and Shane Meadow's "This Is England."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR