Original Cast Returns for 'Best Man' Sequel
Taye Diggs, Terrence Howard and Regina Hall are among those set to return for the sequel to the 1999 Universal movie.
Universal is bringing back the original cast of the 1999 comedy The Best Man for the sequel.
Taye Diggs, Nia Long, Morris Chestnut, Harold Perrineau, Terrence Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Monica Calhoun, Melissa De Sousa and Regina Hall will reprise their roles for a story that is set 15 years after the original.
Malcolm D. Lee is returning as director and producing along with Sean Daniel.
The original movie was an ensemble piece that told of a commitment shy man who is asked to be the best man at his friend's wedding.
The new movie, with a script by Lee, sees the college friends reunite over the Christmas holiday and discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be ignited.
Universal has set a November 15, 2013, release date.
Since the original, many of the cast have gone on to have successful and illustrious careers. Diggs, for example, is one of the stars of TV’s Private Practice while Perrineau was a key character on TV’s Lost and appears in Zero Dark Thirty. Howard went to appear in movies such as Crash, Hustle & Flow and Iron Man.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR