Original 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,' 'Downton Abbey' Among Most-Viewed Amazon Prime Content
The e-tailer's Prime Instant Videos streaming service, which is packaged with a $79 per-year shipping service, celebrates its one-year anniversary.
NEW YORK - Amazon.com's Prime Instant Videos streaming service marked its one-year anniversary on Wednesday by sharing some insight into its most popular content items.
The most watched movie on the streaming video service, which comes free with the e-tailer's $79 per-year Amazon Prime shipping service, is an English subtitled version of the Swedish original of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, followed by Mrs. Doubtfire, Amazon said. The most watched TV titles on the service to-date are Amazing Planet: Born of Fire, followed by the season one premiere of Downton Abbey.
The company didn't detail how often each title has been viewed.
Amazon's Prime Instant Videos has licensing deals with such content providers as CBS, Fox, PBS, NBCUniversal, Sony, Warner Bros., Disney-ABC Television and Viacom Media Networks.
Overall, it now offers more than 15,000 movies and TV shows. On Feb, 22, 2011, the service launched with more than 5,000 titles.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!