Original 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,' 'Downton Abbey' Among Most-Viewed Amazon Prime Content
The e-tailer's Prime Instant Videos streaming service, which is packaged with a $79 per-year shipping service, celebrates its one-year anniversary.
NEW YORK - Amazon.com's Prime Instant Videos streaming service marked its one-year anniversary on Wednesday by sharing some insight into its most popular content items.
The most watched movie on the streaming video service, which comes free with the e-tailer's $79 per-year Amazon Prime shipping service, is an English subtitled version of the Swedish original of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, followed by Mrs. Doubtfire, Amazon said. The most watched TV titles on the service to-date are Amazing Planet: Born of Fire, followed by the season one premiere of Downton Abbey.
The company didn't detail how often each title has been viewed.
Amazon's Prime Instant Videos has licensing deals with such content providers as CBS, Fox, PBS, NBCUniversal, Sony, Warner Bros., Disney-ABC Television and Viacom Media Networks.
Overall, it now offers more than 15,000 movies and TV shows. On Feb, 22, 2011, the service launched with more than 5,000 titles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR