Osbourne replaces Brandy on 'Talent'
BURBANK, Calif. -- Sharon Osbourne will replace singer Brandy as a judge on "America's Got Talent" when the NBC reality show starts its second season on May 29.
Ozzy Osbourne's wife, a reality TV veteran, will join David Hasselhoff and Piers Morgan, NBC said Thursday.
Brandy made the decision to leave the show.
"Brandy has enjoyed her association with the program. However, she felt she couldn't give the new season the attention and commitment it deserved," said a statement issued by the Grammy winner's publicist.
Brandy has been sued for wrongful death by relatives of a Los Angeles waitress who was killed when the singer's Land Rover struck the back of a Honda on a freeway on Dec. 30. The California Highway Patrol recommended that Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter. The city attorney's office was still reviewing the case Friday.
Brandy's statement did not indicate whether her legal troubles led to her decision.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR