Oscar app for iPhone, iPod launched
Academy introduces new app to track 82nd Oscar race
Oscar's got an app for that.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Tuesday that it has launched its first Academy Awards application, the Oscars App, free for iPhone and IPod Touch users.
Designed by the Los Angeles-based Omelet, the app offers users a nominees list for each of the 24 Oscar categories, trailers for the 10 best picture-nominated films, and the ability to predict winners in each of the categories.
Users' predictions will be saved to a database that can be shared via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter as well as by email and SMS text.
"We want to connect with movie lovers wherever they are," Janet Weiss, the Academy's director of marketing said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty