Oscar-Bound 'Incendies' Leads Jutras Field
Canadian contender for the best foreign language Oscar looks to dominate Quebec's film awards.
TORONTO – Denis Villeneuve’s Incendies on Wednesday grabbed ten nominations for the Jutras, Quebec’s film awards, including best director, best screenplay, and best actress nods for Lubna Azabal and Melissa Desormeaux-Poulin.
Incendies, Canada’s Oscar contender in the best foreign language category, last week grabbed 10 nominations for the Genies, Canada’s film awards, which includes French- and English-language local movies.
Other multiple Jutra nominees include five nominations each for Cabotins, including Dorothee Berryman as best supporting actress, La Cité, including best director and best cinematography, and Les sept jours du talion, with Martin Dubreil contending for best supporting actor. And Xavier Dolan's Les amours imaginaires grabbed four nods, including best film, best director, editing, and hair styling.
The made-in-Montreal Barney’s Version, which grabbed 11 Genie nominations last week, earned four Jutra nominations, including makeup and hair-styling. The Jutras are to be handed out in Montreal on March 13.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR